For over 75 years, Lucite International has been focused on the methacrylate molecule, the building block of the material acrylic which most of us are familiar with in the form of branded products like Perspex and Lucite. Our award-winning organization is justly proud of its ICI and Dupont innovation-led heritage. Today, as part of the global Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, we are a world leader developing innovations and processes that are changing the world in which we live. Acrylic is a material that fascinates and inspires us. It has wonderful and varied properties – it’s light-weight, durable, holds color, transmits light and creates brightness. It helps products last longer and work better. It’s everywhere in almost everything you can think of.
Imperceptibly but immeasurably, methacrylates add something quite special to our lives.
As a business we make the world lighter, brighter, everywhere.
Our markets and products; see the global world of Lucite International
• Revenues of US$1.7billion and growing
• Global operations with 22 plants at 14 manufacturing sites
• 2000 dedicated and talented people
• World-class Safety, Health and Environmental performance
• Global leader in methacrylate monomers with around 1000kte of nameplate capacity
• Top 20 customers account for around 46% of sales
• First world-scale MMA facility in China with access to high growth market
• Invention and commercialisation of revolutionary new Alpha technology